Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moving In Part 2

Today is a bit of a bittersweet post.  My new studio is all set up.  Here it is
The only fly in the ointment is that the thermocouple on the kiln was damaged during the move and I had to order a new one.  It will come next week and I can wait until then but I'm not a happy camper.  Imagine the scene.  I've spent the day scrubbing and toiling with the reward of a couple precious hours of torch time.  I fire up the kiln and commence to dip mandrels.  Nothing happens and that dreaded tcL message appears on the display.  I knew what to look for this time and it didn't take long to find the problem.

Dragonjools had written a post about it here
http://dragonjools.blogspot.com/2012/04/kiln-troubleshooting.html
and it was a quick and ready reference I was grateful for.

I still made a few beads and cooled them in the annealing bubble I use for demos.  Small beads for my own use that I won't care if they break.  I've got more of the glass I used to make them and will be able to if they don't hold up.  I just had to make something.  More glassy posts when the part arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!