Pages


Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fascinating Effect

If you're looking for a bowl of bead soup click here.

Things have been a bit chaotic here the past week, with a surprise visit from my daughter and some of life's challenges, but I did manage to get a bit of time at the torch.  I had intended to make more Halloween beads with orange and purple and am still looking for the perfect purple.  EDP devitrifies too much to use and reacts with orange as well.  Evil Queen reduces to a bit of a metallic sheen and devitrifies a bit.  Ditto light silver plum (no surprise there) and Plum is too light and translucent and Mulberry is too dark.  I didn't even try Poi because I think it would grey out but I might as well.  You never know until you try.


 I did get a totally awesome effect with the EDP, though.  I think the 5-pointed star or flower effect is so cool and I love the way the orange faded.  The dark circle from the reaction makes this bead even cooler.  I wish the EDP hadn't devitrified so much.  It even made the black next to it bubble.
 Here's another view of the end.  I think this is so totally cool.  I wish I could figure out a way to use this bead so the end is out, since, sadly, the bead doesn't look like much from the side, where it would be seen with ordinary stringing.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!