Pages


Saturday, October 22, 2011

October is for Breast Cancer Awareness

Looking for bead soup?  Here's the link to my reveal.
Here's Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party link.

It's been a fairly chaotic month so I haven't been working at the torch as much as I'd like.  I've made some new beads in honor of October's breast cancer awareness month.
The last batch of 456 rubino oro I got was very streaky and light enough to make into self spacers.  I was trying to use it in frit and rose cane, where it didn't work at all, but what it wanted to do was make a lovely, juicy fuschia all on its own.
 Here's where CiM cranberry pink gets it's name.  There's a pretty thick encasement layer over a white core and I love the way the transparent glass adds depth.
I made these with CiM Peace, Effetre medium silver plum and Effetre 256 dark pink.  I'm noticing at least with my hothead it wants to go lavender and I like that with the purple.
 The pink and lavender  works well on the heart beads in this set.  For stringer that's not melted in I'm not as sure unless it turns out uniformly varied (how's that for an oxymoron?)
This pink egg focal started life as a simple white heart round.  It grew up as a perfectly shaped egg.  I wish I could make this shape when I was trying to. 

I've got a new set with reducing Double Helix glass and some neutrals it likes to play with and some textured beads I'm working on now and should have ready to post soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, such pretties! I love the colors! And that egg focal is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!