Pages


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Day in the Life

I won't go into all the details of my horrible day other than to say that it started at 8 PM last night and has so far involved 2 1/2 hours sleep, 13 hours of day job and work related BS, a major quarrel and many tears.  To top it off, I'm only just now getting to have some time at the torch, which would have allowed me to focus and clear my head of all the fatigue-induced insanity that's threatening to overwhelm me.

I may not produce anything other than spacers, but I will have the satisfaction of seeing the glass melt in the flame and conform itself around the mandrel.  I may even imagine a face in the glass but I've never been any good at that sort of thing so I'll settle for getting my mind off my fatigue and emotions.  A close friend once said that counted cross-stitch was a lot cheaper than a therapist.  Assuming I don't burn the house down, I can use some cheap therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!