Pages


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Onto other stuff

Sefko, I'm sorry I missed you.  Have a safe trip and enjoy your family.  When you're ready, so's your necklace.

What has this to do with what else I've been working on?  Absolutely nothing.  I'm sick of trying to figure out why what is supposed to be Effetre dark periwinkle is having compatiblility issues with everything I put it on, all of a sudden.  It is probably something different, but I have no idea what, as I only use COE 104.  CiM grumpy bear and Effetre light periwinkle split too and I'm sick of fooling around with it.  As far as I'm concerned, I somehow managed to get a weird stringer and the rest has already been thrown out.
 This is a cool thing I've been able to get Effetre dark silver plum shards to do.  I wrapped a bead of Effetre Sedona with shards of silver plum and super heated them.  I got lace.  Cool.  The silver plum stayed plum, which is cool, but I couldn't get Sedona to do its tricks.  Still cool.  The slip is showing on these beads, because I couldn't bear to waste glass making a whole bead out of Sedona.  Now I'm going to have to see if it does it on other colors.  I had some CiM cirrus on the bench and tried it there but it didn't lace and it went metallic.  EDP would be a waste of time, since EDP and Sedona act very similar.  Maybe a green or blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!