Pages


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Messy Color Update

For anyone just joining me as I wander across a field of glass, I've been honored by having some of my work mentioned on the Creation is Messy website.  I've also been trying out new techniques while I work out colors.  This is such a bead.  October is breast cancer awareness month in the US, but women are diagnosed every day and a friend has asked me to make some pink high heeled shoe earrings to help spread awareness.  Creation is Messy has pictured my bead on their page for Gelly's sty, which I think is the absolute best glass to use for this purpose.  It is nice and stiff and screamingly pink.

I am frequently frustrated by my inability to get the beads I see in my mind's eye to come out on the mandrel.  This set was one of my rare successes.  It took quite a few tries to get it just right, but I am very happy with how they turned out.  They are mentioned on the Lapis page.

This is the original by Vincent Van Gogh.  I think the mood came out pretty well.
This set reminded me of a seaside landscape and the blog post it appeared in is linked to CiM olive.

Hopefully this has been an enjoyable excursion to Creation is Messy.

6 comments:

  1. It came out perfect! I just love your beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, folks. Hopefully I'll have a finished pair of shoes soon. The glass fairies were not kind to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful colours of your beads Carol,I have never seen any the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I love the colors too. That's the best part of working with glass, the color and interaction with light and even texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!