Monday, July 5, 2010

Not Yesterday's Pewtercasting

 I had planned to post the findings I made with my soapstone mold but they are still looking a little rough.  One of the drawbacks of casting this way is all the trimming and filing and I am considering how many of these I want to make.  What I have instead is an ordinary household repair.  A lamp I like very much was broken and I made a mold out of RTV cement and the patched-together pieces of the broken part.  It held together just long enough to make the mold.
I wired together a temporary fix out of L brackets and it held the lamp on, but it looked awful.

This is the finished fixture.  The replacement bracket is on the left.  Not a bad fix if I say it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!