Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Wirewrap

Ta-da! This project marks a few firsts for me, mostly the first time I'm actually using a plaque from that set I bought 5 years ago, the first of many times I will be using semiprecious stones with my lampwork beads, and the first time I've tried wirewrapping.


This is for my own consumption since I am not happy about how some elements turned out. The bail in particular was a bit irregular and the brass wire got a little chewed. Note to self: Get another couple pairs of pliers I can dip so this doesn't happen. The wrap on the right came out a little crooked. The design itself came out just right which is why I'm pretty happy with this overall. I didn't expect perfection, which is why I used brass instead of silver. I will wear this and enjoy wearing this and from it I have learned how I want to do the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!