Pages


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Effetre red roof tile

This is not a new color from Effetre, in fact it's pretty old, but I like it. It reminds me of CiM pheonix, but seems more opaque. The fact that it is still hand pulled is attractive, but I don't honestly know if this makes any difference in the glass. Judging from the amount of variability in the coral shades, I imagine it is even more different from batch to batch than others. It is actually a striking color and the hue varies a lot from bead to bead. I simply have to face up to the fact that in order to do all the experimentation I would like to, I would have to devote so much time to each color that I would be sick of it and never want to see it again.
With silver foil it develops a great textural thing which persists under encasement, but where did the orange go? Copper leaf doesn't do much for me.


With the DH glasses, red roof tile develops some brownish fuming, which I don't mind in an orange bead. Blue or white, I would. I used aurae in the plain bead, then aurae, triton, and badly reduced psyche in the encased ones, in that order. I'm finally getting my act together and making the beads that could be confused different shapes.


With plum silver dark, some of the orange vanishes again, but I'm not sure if this was me failing to strike it properly or a characteristic of the glass. I like the color combination, though. Good for Halloween. Copper green produces a pronounced grey line, which I don't care for in this bead. Nice fade on the top dots, though. Ivory bleeds all over the place. What a surprise.


Would I buy this again? Yes, a nice, well-behaved color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!