Pages


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Effetre rosewood

Effetre rosewood.  Lovely color.  Actually, just what I've been looking for and one I will be playing with a lot.  It holds its own.  It plays nice.  Give me your odd lots.  Give me your wild and wacky.  Actually, please, but give me this color first.

1 is plain, unadorned, and badly shaped at that.  Not a bad color.

Rosewood likes silver, even by itself.  Nice texture on bead 2.  3 is under encasement and it shines.  I see pink, blue, green, and PURPLE.  What's not to love?  The neat gravity and marvering effect is one I would go for on its own but the fact that it is combined with great colors is attractive in the extreme.  If only I could make it do this when I wanted it to.

With silver glass under encasement it's pretty lame.  But by itself in bead 4, with triton stringer just reduced, I don't know what's going on, but I like it.  Separation!  Never had this before.  Get it again?  Doubtful, but loving the bead.  Encased, in 5, everything goes away and gets boring.  Didn't get enough reduction on the low cylinder.  It's just blue glass getting lost on the brick red.  TE-331 I had high hopes for, but I'm still wrapping my mind around this amazing color and it's going to play coy.  I will have you.  Just wait.

Whole bunch of colors, and guess what?  It doesn't wash out.  Intense black?  No problem.  It is crisp and so is the black.  Ivory?  Ditto.  Copper green is nothing special, but not ugly, which I am appreciating.  CiM tuxedo?  Takes it and gives back change.  Effetre turquoise?  Not a combination I would care for but nothing nasty going on.

Would I buy it again?  No brainer.  Of course.  This is the perfect supercoral.  It costs a little extra but boy, is it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!