Pages


Monday, February 22, 2010

CiM olive

I wanted another green in my palette for St. Patrick's day, and one that I have little of is olive.  For it I chose CiM olive, which Cim commando is no longer as close to in hue.  That being said, it is kinda close to Vetrofond's new wasabi, but different enough in at least the appearance of the rods that I won't have trouble telling them apart in my stash.  The rods are all shimmery and melt darker, which wasn't a surprise.  What was a surprise was hitting an air bubble and having the end pop off the rod.  It fell onto the worktable, didn't burn anything, including me and I banged the rod back in the flame without missing a beat.  The rest worked fine.

1 is plain.  Some streakiness here. 
2 is encased with vetro clear.  Did I smoke it?  I didn't think so....
3 is with silver foil.  I was disappointed that it didn't do more.
4 is with silver foil, melted in, reduced and encased.  I thought reducing it might do something but no dice.
5 is with poorly silvered ivory stringer.
6 is with Double Helix triton, melted in and reduced.
7 is with triton, melted in, reduced and encased.
8 is with ivory.  No reactions.  Rats.
9 is with copper green red.  I wanted some contrast, but the similarity in color value makes it hard to see detail.
10 is with CiM tuxedo.  Nothing happened with the black dots on the olive, but the olive separated on the black.
11 is as a rotten floral on black, encased in clear.  I need to work on this style of bead.  I should start larger to make it easier to get definition, with colors that I know will work well.
12 is with plum silver scrolls.
13 is with EDP.  I wanted to see what it would do to a gold pink, and the answer is nothing.

13 test beads.  It's a good thing I'm not superstitious.  It's a nice olive and will work well for leaves and such.  Will I be upset if I can't get any more?  Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!