Pages


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Effetre apple green pale

This one is a color that doesn't do it for everyone, but I happen to like this as a base for other things, and in the case of the dark bead, the neat thing it does with tuxedo and silver foil.  Kelp did the same thing and since kelp is about the same color, I think they may be different shades of the same color.  The first bead is plain.  One thing I'm noticing is that on the clear beads, no matter how I scrub the holes, there are bubbles in the glass along the mandrel that look like there's still bead release there.  Some of my opaque beads are so smooth that the inside of the holes has a mirror polish, but not the clear ones, naturally.  So ignore the white line through the center.  The 2nd bead is encased over clear and the 3rd is encased with clear.  I had to hold them over a white envelope on their sides to tell.  The 4th is with ivory and the 5th is my favorite, a base of tuxedo, with silver foil melted in, and encased in the apple green.  I tried this with light brown transparent, but no neat turquoise reaction.  I can't explain it.  The last 2 beads are with silver foil melted into the apple green transparent, on the last on its own and on the one before it encased in clear.  It turned brown but I thought it might.  Other than that, no fireworks.

I've been asking myself if I would buy more of this color and for this one, I want some to have but won't stock up for glass armageddon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!