Pages


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Effetre whisper

Effetre whisper, looking very intriguing in the sample bead and pretty neat to add to my repertoire in general. It is nearly clear, with just a hint of gold pink, and a viscous quality that my cheap camera doesn't do justice to.

The first bead is just by itself. The second is reduced. I made it larger so I could tell the 2 apart in case the similarity was too great. No chance. 3 is with intense black dots, because I could see doing this. The black doesn't quite take over the bead. 4 is with copper red green. There is a red shift here, accentuated by the layering of whisper dots over the red. The green dots are more pronounced than this picture lets on. 5 is over ivory. I figured the color was a gold pink and this bead proves it. Still, because of the lack of intensity in the color this is an effect I might just use if it is reproducible. 6 is with EDP stringer. The EDP almost seemed to feed the whisper, even while it was being worked. I wonder what it would do with 456 rubino oro or veiled rubino? The last bead is with DH aurae, melted in and reduced. I was expecting it to go all yellow and wasn't surprised when it did. Would I do this on purpose on a bead? I don't know.

This is a neat color that I like the apparent viscosity of in the finished bead. How much I will use and whether I'll buy more if I run out I don't know. I'm glad I have some in my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!