Pages


Friday, February 5, 2010

shoulda stayed in bed

 I decided to do something for Valentines day so I made a big pink bead.  It measures about an inch in diameter by about an inch and a half in length.  It has pink rose cane marks on it.  It has green blobs that were meant to be leaves.    It didn't crack.  This is about all I can say about it.  One of my coworkers said she liked it for the color, CiM desert pink.  The others hated it, because it rots.  I have fairly good stringer placement, if not control, and that is all I can say good about this.  More experimenting is in order on the rose cane.  I think it will work for blended stringer, but it doesn't much look like a rose.  It's kind of like those flower pictures your kids give you.  Oh...how pretty...is that a flower.....
Let it be known that if you forget to turn off your crockpot at night and then go to work at 5:00 in the morning, leaving it on because you thought it was off, come home to an intact place of dwelling, and smell it burning after you have your stuff done for the night you should count yourself lucky.  I am.  The dark marks on the side are soot marks from where it didn't quite catch fire.  What else can I say about today?  I should have stayed in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!